Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
SERVICES FOR NATO STAFF WORKING AT HQ
The NATO Multimedia Library provides research assistance and a variety of online tools to staff working at NATO HQ. The Library offers:
- a number of online research tools such as journal article databases, eBooks, country reports, etc.
- access to a large collection of books and articles (use the Library Catalog to search for material)
- publications prepared by the Library on issues pertinent to NATO (i.e. Thematic Bibliographies containing books and articles on a variety of topics) as well as Acquisitions Lists to inform staff about new books and articles added to the Library's collection
- events such as Book Talks organised by the Library
- NATO LibGuides, a collection of publicly available online research guides compiled and regularly updated by library staff on a variety of topics
- New Journal Issues, a weekly service providing tables of contents for selected journals in the Multimedia Library collection
- NATO Alert, an online weekly service that helps you select and read the best of literature concerning NATO. Please contact the Library for access conditions.
Don't hesitate to drop by the Library, send us an email or give us a call.
NATO Staff can borrow books, reference works and journal issues. Click here for information on loan policies.
To obtain a membership card, visit the Library any time between 10am and 5pm (4pm on Fridays). With a membership card, you are able to take advantage of the following features once you sign up for an account via My Account:
- place holds for items in the Catalog
- renew checked out items at any time
- create RSS feeds to receive timely updates on new items added to the collection
- rate and review any item
- save your search strategies
- create custom title lists on a variety of topics
- take part in social networking
WHAT IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED AT NATO HQ ?
The NATO Multimedia is available to assist you with your research queries.
Access to most of the Multimedia Library online research tools is restricted to NATO Staff working at HQ. Do not hesitate to contact us with your references, and we will send you the material electronically if available.
The NATO LibGuides and the Library catalog are accessible without any restriction.
You may borrow books from the Library's collection through your own library, as we do not lend to individuals.