When searching for information on this topic, potentially useful keywords to use include :
- UNSCR 1325
- women OR gender AND
This LibGuide is intended to provide a few starting points to assist you with your research on issues related to women, peace and security, in particular in the NATO context.
Good places to start your research include :
- the NATO Topic pages on Women, Peace and Security, NATO Committee on Gender Perspectives, Gender Balance and Diversity in NATO, A vital role for women in the Afghan National Police and Improving gender awareness in KFOR.
- NATO Review's issues on Women: paying the price of conflict? (2013) and Women and Conflict : A Frontline Issue? (2010)
- the report Review of the Practical Implications of UNSCR 1325 for the Conduct of NATO-led Operations and Missions - Full Report (2013)
- the NATO Briefing on Women, Peace and Security
- the videos of Mari Skåre answers questions on NATO's implementation of UNSCR 1325 (2013)
- the articles:
- A hundred days of promoting the role of women in peace and security (18 December 2012)
- NATO names Norwegian diplomat as Special Representative for Women, Peace and Security (28 August 2012)
- NATO Secretary General's reports:
- NATO Secretary General’s second report on implementing United Nations Security Council Resolution 1325 on women, peace and security, and related resolutions (15 January 2013)
- NATO Secretary General’s report on implementing United Nations Security Council Resolution 1325 on women, peace and security, and related resolutions (17 November 2011)
- the Women, Peace & Security Research Repository by Georgetown University, School of Foreign Service, Institute for Women, Peace & Security
- the Civil-Military Co-operation Centre of Excellence's Gender page, which provides NATO's definition of "Gender" as well as the report "Gender Makes Sense: A Way to Improve Your Mission" (2013)
In addition to sources found on the internet (e.g. websites, news & blogs, reports, etc.), a select number of articles and books available from the NATO Multimedia Library have been included in this guide. These sources of information are by no means a comprehensive collection. The selection criteria was based on the sources' currency and relevancy to this topic.
Furthermore, quick search boxes for online databases subscribed by the Library (available to staff working at NATO HQ) as well as links to the library catalog are available for you to locate additional resources.